mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families.
- Work with the CEO, staff, and governing board to facilitate short and long-term strategic plans.
- Identify and address development issues that affect the well-being and efficacy of the organization.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy and ensure that fund development is executed in keeping with the organization’s values, vision, and mission.
- Participate with the CEO and senior management to plan the organization’s fund development course and programs.
- Manage the operations development function efficiently, and oversee development activities in coordination with staff.
- Establish a balanced mix of donor sources and fundraising programs to attract and retain donors and fundraising volunteers.
- Establish performance measures, monitor results, and evaluate the efficacy of the fund development program.
- Maintain accountability and ensure compliance with all regulations and laws, as well as the code of ethics for fundraising professionals.
- Help to recruit, train, and motivate fundraising volunteers.
- Keep abreast of developments in philanthropy and fund development.