Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern Africa; Southern Africa; West Africa; and Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade System and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. The FTA Board directs policy and strategic development of the organization.
- Work with the CEO, staff, and governing board to facilitate short and long-term strategic plans.
- Identify and address development issues that affect the well-being and efficacy of the organization.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy and ensure that fund development is executed in keeping with the organization’s values, vision, and mission.
- Participate with the CEO and senior management to plan the organization’s fund development course and programs.
- Manage the operations development function efficiently, and oversee development activities in coordination with staff.
- Establish a balanced mix of donor sources and fundraising programs to attract and retain donors and fundraising volunteers.
- Establish performance measures, monitor results, and evaluate the efficacy of the fund development program.
- Maintain accountability and ensure compliance with all regulations and laws, as well as the code of ethics for fundraising professionals.
- Help to recruit, train, and motivate fundraising volunteers.
- Keep abreast of developments in philanthropy and fund development.